The Rascal Chronicles

Monday, August 04, 2008

Fee Fee Fee Fee Fie

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible about updating this blog. I've got to go back a bit and reflect on the whirlwind of development for both Lyndon and Colin. First, with Lyndon. A couple of months ago, he began to get a handle on counting. The funny thing was, you ask him "how many" of a certain object, and he would say, "Fee fee fee fee fie." "Fee" and "fie" were the only numbers, according to him. However, one day as Shelley was counting, he jumps in and starts counting along with her "three, four, five." Even more shocking, he began counting in Spanish one day! He's a sandbagger, that kid. As much as we like surprises, it would be awesome if our daycare let us in on some of the things the boys are learning.

Lyndonisms, Summer of 2008:
"Okayyyy." - Lyndon does not know or utilize the words, "yes" or "yeah." He says "okay" instead. He also changes emphasis of syllables, depending on what he's being asked. It can be a quick "OK" (eating breakfast, etc.) or a drawn out "OKAYYYYY" (do you want to do to the zoo?). "Buggy" - Any bug, alive or dead.
"Pie-Man" - Spider-Man, currently his favorite character/show, pushing Diego out of his top spot that he occupied earlier this year. Lyndon likes the villain, The Rhino since he reminds him of his favorite animal at the zoo, I guess.
"Hoak" - A close second in terms of Lyndon's current top superheroes. Hulk battles his arch-enemy, The Abomination, who Lyndon refers to as "Obama Jason."
"Base-ll, wegno" - Basil and oregano. I grow them both and I began pulling off leaves and letting him smell them. Now, he loves to harvest, sometimes too much. He enjoys bringing mommy some basil and oregano to sniff, and I often use that as a trick to get him to finally come inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home